Pages

Wednesday 6 March 2013

How did you attract/address your audience?

Transcript: 

The front cover is the most important page to the audience as this will decide upon whether they want to buy the magazine or not. To ensure I attract my target audience I have stuck to bright colours that will attract my audience. When I research existing products most of the magazines that I researched included bright colours such as pinks and purples. Therefore I have used purple in my magazine. Another important feature that needs to stand out on the front cover is the main image, I have used two models on my front cover, and they are of a mid shot. This is to highlight the clothes they are wearing as many people idolise their favourite artists and like to dress like them. Another feature that will attract my target audience is by having competitions in the magazine that they can enter in order to win something. For example tickets to attend gigs, concerts and festivals.

The contents page is another important page of the magazine as this is the navigation for the reader. This will help the reader to flick to pages of the magazine quickly and easily. My contents is very busy with lots of features, this gives the reader an insight of what’s going to be in the magazine and allows them to choose which article they want to read as there will be page numbers to help navigate to the pages. By having lots of images on the page also allows the reader to relate with the articles on the page. To engage with my target audience I have also included a subscribe box where the reader can read articles online on the website or visit social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook. I chose these social networking sites as my target audience will most likely have these accounts. By including a band and artist index allows the reader to discover new artists, this is another feature in why people buy magazines.

My double page spreads are also important as they are the main cover of the magazine. Therefore I have to meet all the conventions of a magazine in order for the double page spreads to be appealing for the target audience. I have used many different photos of the artists that will attract the reader. I have also included a montage with different objects such as sunglasses. This is because my magazine is a pop magazine and they are normally relaxed and funny articles. Most pop magazines come with free posters; therefore I have included two posters of my artists with a quote. As I have included free posters in my magazine this attracts the target audience as to being worth the money for buying the magazine with free posters. Also I have made the way of writing my article in a sarcastic funny way, this also attracts the target audience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment