Pages

Thursday 7 March 2013

Who would be the audience for your media product?

Transcipt: 

The audience is the most important element that you need to consider when creating a magazine, as you have to attract your target audience into buying the magazine. My magazine is based around the pop genre; therefore I have used bright colours such as purple throughout the magazine in order to catch my target audience’s eye.

The target audience I have chosen for my magazine ‘Rhythmix’ is teenagers aged 13-18. The social demographic class for my target audience would be B, C1 and C2, this is because most teenagers at this age don’t have a job, therefore they won’t be able to spend money on magazines, and they’ll have to rely on their parents who have jobs to buy the magazine for them. I have chosen these ages because it is at this age where teenagers begin to have an idea of the type of the music they like and also would have gone to concerts of there favourite artist. My magazine would attract mainly females due to the content in the magazine, such as the gossip and boy groups.

In my magazine I have included a section for Reviews; this is because I believe that the social habits and interests with my target audience are quite similar. This means that I believe that my target audience would like to know about upcoming album releases, tracks of the year and track-by-track reviews with popular artists.  By creating this section on my contents page allows the readers to receive the information they were expecting in the magazine and therefore read about it.

Rhythmix is likely to appeal to a mass market; this is because the pop industry is quite popular and is always increasing with more and more artists being discovered. The psychographics of my audience is ‘mainstream’, this is because my genre of music is popular nowadays and many people listen to chart music and keep up with whose number one. The audience can find this type of information through reading magazines, watching music channels or even going online.

My target audience will be interested in fashion and will be observing what artists wear and will want to idolise them, therefore they will expect artists in the magazine to be wearing similar clothes such as converses and vans. As my magazine is also available online on a website, readers will expect Rhythmix to have a Facebook and Twitter account in order to keep up to date with the latest news. This is an easy and accessible way of reading the magazine online as many teenagers nowadays have smart phones such as Blackberries and iPhones which they can use to review the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment